So, it’s been a while (again) since I posted the last ‘Just dave’ mix. Almost a year in fact. I’ve been sitting on this for a while though – since September last year after me and the better half returned from an amazing extended weekend on the white isle. Sun, sand, sea and some seriously good house music. Solomun @ Pacha was out of this world amazing. Deep, dark, grooving tracks. MK @ Savanna dropping all last years hits. Sunset at Mint with Mambo tunes being piped through. Hell, this was one special break. Armed with happy memories and a boat load of new tunes, I recorded this mix on our return. Then. Nothing. I sat on it. I re-recorded it a couple [boat load] of times (each mix not quite floating my boat as much as this version).
I’m not sure what I was waiting for. Maybe to see if this was just a ‘fad’ for me. A bandwagon I’d seen and jumped on feet first. House music. Pure, unadulterated house music. In vast quantities. Could it be that I’d lost my love of Trance? Could it be that I could love all of this music equally? Could I just be thinking this through too deeply and actually good music is good music (more than likely). So that magical experience of the white isle again has left an even deeper imprint on me this time. I’m well and truly Under the Influence. House (in all it’s flavours) is getting some serious rotation on the decks [more so now Traktor Pro is in the house….] along with the Trance.
So sit back, click this download link for Just dave – Under the Influence and enjoy (hopefully) and hour or so of house music.
- Oliver Huntemann – Schatten
- Manualle Musik & Steffen Sonnenschein – Adonis
- Solomun – Medea
- Superpitcher – Heroin
- Broken Bells – Holding on for Life (Solomun Remix)
- Planningtorock – Lets Talk About Gender
- Kraak & Smaak – How We Gonna Stop The Time (feat. Stee Downes)
- NiCe7 – Time to get Physical (Sonny Fodera Remix)
- Audiowhores – No Honey
- Me & My Toothbrush – Never Really Matters
- Oliver $ & Jimi Jules – Pushing On
- Duke Dumont – I Got U (feat. Jax Jones) [MK Remix]
- Wankelmut & Emma Louise – My Head is a Jungle (MK Remix)